The school believes that homework is an essential part of genuine pupil progress.� Through the concentration on work at home, the pupil will develop the practice of independent study and the qualities of perseverance and self-discipline.
Children will be asked to undertake various tasks according to their age.� They will be asked to;
- Read at home each evening for a period of not less than 10 minutes.
- Learn spellings for a weekly Spelling Test.
- Learn Tables and Number Bonds for a weekly Mental Arithmetic Test.
- ‘My Maths’ � a web-based resource from Year 1 to Year 6
- Complete a weekly task related to their class Topic or Theme that involves researching information and thinking creatively. In addition the work will develop key English and Maths skills and may incorporate IT
Your support is vital for the successful implementation of the Homework Policy.�