At Woodchurch CE we try to create, through worship, a real sense of belonging. We will provide a variety of opportunities to deepen our relationship with God and enable the whole community to contemplate the mystery of God. We aim to develop the necessary skills of:
which will enable our relationships with God to be deepened. Full participation in our faith will allow us:-
- To grow in spiritual, moral, cultural and liturgical understanding;
- To grow in understanding of our living faith tradition;
- To develop a sense of awe, wonder and inspiration in the person of Christ;
- To examine and reflect upon our own individual faith journeys;
- To develop the skills of prayer.
In Collective Worship we give pupils the opportunities to gain a deeper understanding of the nature and elements of liturgy, e.g. empathy, silence, community, praise, song, prayer and meditation.