- Mr W Leslie LA Appointed Governor until 31.12.19
- Mrs D Jeffrey D.B.E Governor until 31.12.19
- Mr B McGregor Headteacher has automatic membership to the governing body.
- Rev. P Owens EX-Officio Governor - ongoing
- Mrs R Edwards P.C Governor until 31.12.19
- Miss C Foster D.B.E Governor until 31.12.19
- Mrs L Fisher Governor until 31.12.19
- Mrs D Blundell P.C.C Governor until 31.12.19
- Mr G Pollock W.C.E Governor until 31.12.19
- Mrs S Landrum W.C.E Governor until 31.12.19
- Mr S Siddall W.C.E Governor until 31.12.19
- Mr M Smith W.C.E Governor until 31.12.19
- The Chair of Governors is Mrs A Cretney Diocese Appointee until 31.12.19
- The Vice Chair of Governors is Mrs P Clarke P.C.C until 31.12.19
- The Clerk to Governors is Mrs Helen Smith c/o Woodchurch C.E Primary School
- Mrs J Davies (Deputy Headteacher) is an Associate Governor - No voting rights
The term of office for all governors is 4 years with the exception of the Headteacher.
- LA- Governor – Local Authority
- P.C.C –Parochial Church Council
- D.B.E – Diocesan Board of Education
The information contained in this document is correct at the time of printing but it must not be assumed that there will not be any changes before or during the year.
The Governing Body
School governors are members of their school’s Governing Body, known as a corporate body. A corporate body has a legal identity that is separate from its members and as a result, individual governors are generally protected from personal liability as a result of the Governing Body’s decisions and actions provided they act honestly, reasonably and in good faith.
Individual governors have no power or right to act on behalf of the Governing Body except where the whole Governing Body has delegated a specific function.
School governors are drawn from different parts of the community and can be parents and staff or from the local authority, the community and other groups.
The Governing Body is responsible for all of the decisions made at the school. It ratifies all policies and procedures and has general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement. Its responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Setting targets for children’s achievement and progress
- Managing the school’s finances
- Making sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based
- Appointing staff
- Reviewing staff performance and pay
- Developing the vision for the school
The Governing Body meets regularly, at least once per term. When a governor has served their term or has resigned, elections are held to appoint a new governor. Election information is displayed in the school as and when vacancies arise.
What is a parent governor?
Parent governors are an important part of our Governing Body. It is an interesting and rewarding role and a wonderful opportunity to have a voice in your child’s education. We welcome and support all new parent governors. Parent governors are elected by parents from our school community as and when vacancies occur. We will advertise when a vacancy occurs; in order to stand for election prospective parent governors need to be nominated by another parent.
If you need any additional information, the following document may be useful: